There are a few sources of amusement we miss when we’re gone, and Las Vegas casinos are definitely on the list. As borders slowly open and travel gradually resume, people will start asking what casinos are open in Las Vegas. And who wouldn’t? The world-renowned resort city is home to all the fun, excitement, and complete abandon crazy movies are made of. As a global leader of the hospitality industry with its mega hotel-casinos and resorts, this 3rd most visited USA destination is bound to keep tourists and locals wanting. If you’re one of them, you’re in the right place. Welcome to your ultimate Las Vegas travel guide.
Preparing for a Trip To Las Vegas
There are three major things to do in Las Vegas: watch shows, discover excellent local food, and gamble. With these three in mind, you can outline your trip to Las Vegas with these helpful travel tips.
1. Plan Your Itinerary
We know some of you prefer spontaneity in the entertainment capital of the world, but with everything you can do, you’ll need to note your priorities to prevent an overload. Consider the number of days you’ll be there and squeeze in a balance of activities to enjoy in Las Vegas.
2. Make Sure You Stay Safe
As the third most visited destination in the USA, it attracts both locals and foreigners. And in a concentration of tourists, the possibilities of danger are also present. This is true for all major cities, especially areas with unsuspecting visitors. Take necessary precautions to stay safe by being accountable to a companion, staying in safe places, and taking care of your belongings.
3. Save Up and Set A Budget
Las Vegas offers a variety of activities that will suit your budget, but it’s always better to have some money to spare. Save up and set a budget so you don’t go overboard. We can never be too careful with the entertainment capital of the world.
4. Safeguard Your Finances Or Cards
Before you set out for Las Vegas, give your bank a call and set limitations for your card, so you don’t go overboard. This way, you keep it safe from fraudulent activity. Whether it’s a limit or an auto-notification, you should coordinate with your bank, so transactions are secure and smooth while you are in Las Vegas.
>> Look your best with these fine jewelries.
5. Make Sure You Book Rest and Relaxation
It may be tempting to stretch your days by trying out everything, but don’t forget that any vacation will require rest, no matter how entertaining the destination is. Give yourself some “me” time as you embark on other tours, spa trips, and other relaxing activities.
The Ultimate Las Vegas Packing List
When preparing for any trip, it’s vital to understand weather conditions. Depending on when you’re visiting Las Vegas, you will either experience scorching summers at 105 degrees Fahrenheit or cold and dry winters at 30 degrees Fahrenheit. The best months to visit Las Vegas are from March to May and September to November, when weather conditions are moderate.
- Essentials: These items are ones you keep close to your person in a bag or your pocket. NOTE: Check updated travel regulations in Las Vegas and always comply with the requirements to avoid hassles.
- Passport and form of identification
- Plane ticket
- Travel documents as per travel guidelines
- Hotel booking
- Debit and credit cards
- Phones and chargers
- Power banks and other gadgets
- Earphones or headphones
- Prescription medication (if applicable)
- Sanitation items: alcohol, sanitizer
- Face mask, face shield
Clothes: Dress according to the season and the occasion. Since Las Vegas is full of casinos and hotels, it is wise to have formal dresses handy. If you set aside money for shopping, you can also get excellent ensembles in Las Vegas.
- Formal dress
- Suit and tie
- Closed shoes
- Casual clothes: shirt, shorts, pants, walking shoes
- Coat or jacket
Toiletries: Limit your toiletries to things you need, and purchase the rest in Las Vegas. This way, you pack lighter and leave more room for souvenirs.
- Facial wash
- Body and hand lotion
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Hair product: dry shampoo, conditioner, leave-on
- Day and night creams
First Aid Kit: It is best to anticipate common issues when traveling so you can plan your first aid kit.
- Anti-allergy medication
- Pain medication
- Flu medication
- Alcohol swabs for the wound
The Best Casinos In Downtown Las Vegas
There is an allure in the downtown experience that is tempting to many travelers. And there’s nothing more exciting than experiencing every nook of the entertainment capital of the world. This area is where some of the magic happens and whether you’re looking for an intimate boutique hotel-casino or a simple stroll in the famous Fremont Street, downtown Las Vegas is a must-visit on your list.
TIP: If you gamble enough, a casino will eventually assign you a dedicated host to provide you with gambling offers. There is no fundamental technique to get their attention, but if you gamble enough and win a lot, the casino will assign a host to you.
- It is home to many exciting activities that you can tick off your bucket list.
- The Fremont Experience is in downtown Las Vegas.
- Foodies will love the selections of restaurants downtown, from Italian to steak.
- This area is usually the most crowded.
- It can be dangerous if you’re not careful.
- This area is far from the airport.
Four Queens Hotel and Casino
The rates of the Four Queens Hotel and Casino are reasonably priced at $140 a night. In operation since 1966, this hotel offers traditional and high-quality gaming for its guests. Visiting Las Vegas is more than just knowing what casinos are open in Las Vegas. The adventure is also in the discovery.
- It is right across the Binion’s gambling hall.
- It offers car hire services for easy transportation.
- It is a 5-minute walk to the Wee Kirk O’ the Heather Wedding chapel
- It offers a 5-minute check-in experience.
One of the best things about this hotel is that it is centrally located in downtown Las Vegas. Some rooms may be dated, but guests have not experienced a significant inconvenience of any kind. While you’re at this hotel, it would be a great idea to take a photo with a million dollars in cold cash at the Binion’s Gambling Hall just across the street. Who knows? It could be a lucky law of attraction photo.
Fremont Hotel and Casino
Named after the famous Fremont street, you’re sure to find some exciting things to do at the Fremont Hotel and Casino. The room rates are relatively cheap at $53 per night. The hotel features an enthusiastic team to help you with your gaming needs. They assure security and assistance with their 24-hour security and front-desk team.
- It is in the center of the Fremont Street Experience.
- The staff is known to be polite and hospitable.
- There are many restaurants and surrounding cafes.
The best thing about the Fremont Hotel and Casino is how when you step out of the hotel doorway, the Fremont street experience welcomes you. This popular attraction is a five-block pedestrian covered with kiosks, malls, and an exciting light-and-sound show. You can choose a night tour to a downtown street history day tour.
The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel
This contemporary hotel is a refreshing take on the traditional establishments in downtown Las Vegas. The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel features 629 modern rooms and suites and Vegas’s first two-level casino with rates at a reasonable $190 a night. And with its promising high-energy bars, there’s a lot to look forward to. If you want to know what casinos are open in Las Vegas that offer the same level of excitement, there are many other hotels in the downtown area to visit.
- It is a high-value and centrally located hotel.
- It is more modern and has newer amenities.
- It is within walking distance of some notable attractions.
The D Las Vegas Casino Hotel is close to famous attractions like the SlotZilla Zipline on Fremont Street. This adrenaline-inducing experience is a one-of-a-kind activity that’s a sure tick off your urban zip lining bucket list. And speaking of bucket lists, you can also zoom under the world’s largest video screen in superhero style.
The Best Casinos In Greater Las Vegas
The Greater Las Vegas area is also known as the metropolitan area of the city. It covers Clark county, a portion of Nye County, and a portion of Mohave County, Arizona. Boulder City, Henderson, and North Las Vegas are also part of Greater Las Vegas. Contrary to the downtown area, which is meant for tourists, this area is home to business establishments and luxury hotels and casinos. It is far from the usual tourist spots but is home to some of the best wildlife preserves and views of the state.
- It is more peaceful and luxurious.
- There is a sense of calm in these areas.
- It is not as crowded as the downtown area.
- For people who find thrill in crowds and excitement, it may be too quiet.
- A group of friends is better off in the downtown area.
- Some hotels in this area are more expensive.
Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa
This off-strip casino offers one of the best views of the Las Vegas strip. The Red Rock Casino Resort and Spa is located in Summerlin, where you have a picturesque view of the mountains. This casino offers the best of both worlds by offering Las Vegas’ signature gaming entertainment in a casino hotel embraced by nature. With rates at $200 a night, the stay should be very well worth it.
- It offers a view of the Strip and the mountains.
- It is a 10-minute drive to serene natural views.
- It has 3,000 slots and video poker machines on the casino floor.
- It offers poolside entertainment.
Not everyone wants the hustle and bustle of Las Vegas. For people who seek a balance, this hotel is the best option. If you need a change of scenery, the Las Vegas ballpark is a great way to relax.
Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa
This boutique luxury hotel is a refreshing escape off the Las Vegas Strip. It has its fair share of celebrity status through the show “American Casino” and is as impressive as it looks. The Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa highlight is its 8-acre backyard that features a pool area with relaxing cabanas. And with rates of at least $250 a night, this sure sounds like a fantastic deal.
- It is close to the McCarran International Airport.
- It has 80 luxury suites with ten different styles.
- It has award-winning dining at Hanks Fine Steaks and Martinis.
- It offers a magnificent view of the mountains.
- It has shopping malls just outside the casino.
The Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa has a AAA Four Diamond Award, denoting its upscale amenities, style, and level of comfort. In other words, they offer world-class luxury. But it doesn’t stop there. One of the best things to look forward to in this hotel-casino is the impressive AAA Four Diamond Award Hank’s Fine Steaks and Martinis, a popular date night spot in Henderson, Las Vegas.
Sunset Station Hotel and Casino
Mountains are not the only picturesque view you have in Henderson. You can enjoy an equally beautiful experience near Lake Mead in the Sunset Station Hotel and Casino. This AAA Three Diamond hotel is perfect for families on vacation since they have fun activities besides gaming, like a bowling center and supervised childcare. The rates are $167 a night, which is a great deal, given their excellent amenities.
- The casino boasts 2,100 slot and video poker machines.
- The casino also has a 300-seat race and sportsbook.
- It is close to Booze District for guests’ drinking pleasure.
- The hotel offers panoramic views of mountains and the lake.
The Sunset Station Hotel and Casino is all about entertainment. While the location is relaxing, they offer more than enough activities for the whole family to enjoy. The casino was awarded the “Best Slots” and “Best Video Poker” by the Las Vegas Review Journal. They promise only the best for your gaming experience with the most 100% payback video poker games. And if you’re not feeling it yet, you can visit the Bird Viewing Preserve and the Las Vegas Distillery.
The Best On-Strip Casinos In Las Vegas
The Las Vegas strip is a stretch famous for its concentration of casinos and resort hotels. This area offers various attractions from light shows, impressive contemporary architecture, high-rise buildings, and world-renowned restaurants. It’s where all the magic happens. When someone says “the Strip,” it is, in the strictest sense, between Sahara Avenue and Russell Road, which is only a distance of 6.8km.
- It is best at night because the lights brighten up Vegas’ desert landscape.
- It is full of excitement and thrill.
- It is home to the famous Mandalay Bay and Stratosphere.
- The hotels in this area are expensive.
- It can be crowded depending on when you choose to travel.
- There are too many things happening around you that you’ll barely find downtime.
Las Vegas would be incomplete without the mere mention of Mandalay Bay. This is at the end of the Strip and is one of the pillars of Vegas strip casinos. The rates are at $420 a night, with suite options and a selection of views. You can have a mountain, pool, or city view so you can relax when you’re not gaming.
- Mandalay Bay is close to the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign, a hit for tourists.
- It is close to T-Mobile Arena.
- Parking is available for guests with cars.
Mandalay Bay is a 43-story luxury casino and resort located at the south end of the Strip. Because it is on the tip, guests recommend that you pack some comfortable shoes when you want to visit other casinos along the Strip. The impressive 135,000 square feet Casino was merely a vision in 1995, and it’s almost unbelievable to imagine that the now world-renowned establishment is a household name in Vegas. If you need a break from gaming, you can visit Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition and relive the parties enjoyed by Jack and Rose
Bellagio Las Vegas
Do you remember seeing photos of the iconic dancing fountains in Las Vegas? This is it. The Bellagio Las Vegas uses water as its centerpiece, earning the admiration of tourists worldwide and earning itself an attraction people can easily recognize. Room rates at the Bellagio are between $200 to $600 and are great deals considering its luxury 5-star status. Now that you’re aware of what casinos are open in Las Vegas that offer luxury, this could be your sign to discover more of the Strip.
- The hotel features Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, which is a refreshing feel after gaming.
- The hotel is the home of the famous dancing fountains.
- They have a restaurant just by the dancing fountains.
- The Bellagio was featured in the movie Ocean’s Eleven.
The Bellagio offers a beautiful array of flora in the Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Garden, a welcome respite after an exhausting tour or gaming session. The Lago by Julian Serrano is also an excellent way to spend a romantic evening by the fountain.
If you’re looking for the inspiration of luxury and opulence in Las Vegas, look no further than Caesars Palace. The Las Vegas Strip’s beauty is its rich variety of contemporary and historic hotels and casinos, paying tribute to a thrilling past and a modern era. The room rates are at $229, which is an excellent bargain.
- The hotel has a 4,100-seat Colosseum that has housed entertainers like Celine Dion and Elton John.
- Celebrity chef dining choices are also available, including cuisine from Gordon Ramsay and Nobu Matsuhisa.
- The pools of the hotel are inspired by Roman baths.
- The Forum Shops are both an attraction and a shopping strip.
The Caesars Palace, established in 1966, is still the casino of choice for high rollers. Whether it’s tradition or merely the hotel’s opulent feel, it has been catering to its guests’ lavish lifestyle and tastes since its opening. The historic hotel is already an attraction in itself, and guests can’t recommend the Roman pools and Forum Shops enough.
To Wrap It Up
Las Vegas is an escape for many people. It’s no surprise then that it is considered the third most visited destination in the US. Now that you know what casinos are open in Las Vegas, the only thing left to do is to book that trip. We all need a break, and sometimes the best place for a well-deserved vacation is in immersing yourself in a silent battle with a slot machine. We won’t judge. After all, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.
We know you can’t wait for a thrilling trip to the entertainment capital of the world! Check out some amazing tour packages here.