When looking for romantic getaways, one of the most common destinations we think of is Paris. Well, yes, because it is known as the city of love. But while it’s good to have Paris on the list, you can still explore other destinations. The US alone is packed with numerous places you can bring your boo for that well-deserved vacation. Here’s a list of romantic vacation spots in the US to give you more options to choose from.
Tips when going on a romantic getaway
- Do activities together. Going on a romantic trip is means spending time together. And one great way to do this is if you and your partner will indulge in activities that both of you can enjoy. It’s best if you can find something new for both of you. But remember not to force an activity that will make your partner anxious or uncomfortable.
- Disconnect. You and your partner may be together most of the time, but how often do you really spend time together? While on vacation, avoid using your phone and browsing on social media. Grab this quality time for each other and savor the moment of being on vacation and not have to think about your other responsibilities like work.
- Take pictures. One way to keep the memory of the trip is to take pictures so take a pose as much as you want. Also, don’t forget to take some candid shots too.
- Make some effort on some romantic gestures. Plan a romantic candlelight dinner or dine in unique places. Splurge a little and let your partner buy something he or she wants as a souvenir.
- Just have fun. Regardless of the activities or the places you visit during the trip, what matters most in making this trip memorable is that both of you are enjoying and having fun.
>> Keep your important documents during travel with a secure travel wallet.
Romantic Vacation Spots
Napa Valley, California
Napa Valley is distinguished for hundreds of hillside vineyards. While you’re here, don’t forget to hop on the famous Napa Valley Wine Train. They will let you dine while touring some of the most scenic wineries in the area. Depending on the package and experience you want, the price range would be around $150 to $280. You can join small groups and do wine tasting and discover together some traditions in winemaking. Some of the must-visit wineries are Jarvis Estate, Pine Ridge Vineyards, and Castello di Amorosa. If you and your partner love art museums, visit The Hess Collection Winery & Art Museum.
New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans is not just all about the party. There’s a lot of things you can do here as a couple for your romantic trip. You can stroll or ride a carriage as you explore the heart and cultural center of New Orleans, the French Quarter. Check out the St. Louis Cathedral, which is the oldest cathedral in the US. Shop some souvenirs at the French Market, or from some shops at Royal Street. You can also see some historic mansions in Garden District or entertain yourself with the musicians and jugglers at Jackson Square. Enjoy a jazz cruise dinner at Mississippi River and if you are up for a night out, experience the party life at the famous Bourbon Street. Don’t forget to try their famous drink, the Sazerac.
Savannah is a coastal city in the state of Georgia. When in Savannah, take a walk around the historic district on your own or join a walking group and trolley tours. You can plan a picnic lunch at the shady sides of Forsyth Park and visit one of Savannah’s famous landmarks, the Cathedral of St. John the Baptist. Dine at Chive Sea Bar & Lounge and take a couple’s massage at Sweet Water Spa. If you plan to enjoy the beach, visit the South Beach at Tybee island and try some of its water activities.
Vermont is famous for its more than 100 19th-century covered wooden bridges, and of course, maple syrup. It’s an all-year-round vacation destination, especially for outdoorsy couples. Take a boat and kayak in the clear water or Lake Champlain. It will surely be romantic, adding the picturesque view of Adirondack mountains in the background. Stop by the Sugarbush farm and have fun getting free tastes of 15 kinds of cheese and four grades of maple syrup the farm produces. Also, visit the cosmopolitan center of Vermont, which is the Burlington, and shop in Church Street Marketplace. Experience staying at Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont. It’s a resort managed by the family that inspired The Sound of Music. Get a taste of Austria in Vermont.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
Atlantic City is a great city and fully alive with parties and casinos. But going here doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to gamble. There’s a lot of romantic things you can do here if you want to include other activities in your trip aside from casinos.
Get the loveliest view of the city by going up the 228 steps of the Absecon Lighthouse. You could also cruise and have some cocktail during happy hour then watch the sunset in the city. For date night, laugh like you have never laughed before at the stand-up comedy show in Borgata Comedy Club. If you are up for some dancing, go on Boogie nights and dance like in your younger years. Cap your vacation by pampering yourselves at Spa and Salon at the Golden Nugget.
Planning a romantic trip with the love of your life isn’t really that hard as there are far more romantic vacation spots in the US. But we hope that these five choices we provided would help narrow your options. Also, remember that a nice destination is just a bonus. As long as you are together and having fun, it will definitely be romantic and a trip to remember.