Traveling together as a couple is one of the milestones of a relationship. It will help you learn your partner’s travel quirks and help to discover how you work together as a couple in a foreign place. Before getting to this point, you will probably go on several dates to build and maintain the affection you have for each other.
Once you have gone on several dates, maybe it is time to explore more places to go with your girlfriend. We have listed a few romantic destinations for you to visit as well as several date ideas that you can try. Check them out below.
Places To Go With Your Girlfriend: Date Ideas in the USA
Taking your girlfriend out on a date helps keep the romance alive, especially for couples that have been together for years. Here are some great date ideas to do with your girlfriend.
- Go on an adventure like hiking or camping.
- Have a romantic candlelit dinner at the restaurant where you had one of your first dates.
- Cook your own food and plan a picnic at a park.
- Go on a food tour and try new cuisines together.
- Book a wine-tasting tour at a beautiful vineyard.
- Try fun and recreational activities like visiting the aquarium or the zoo.
- Make a list of cute couple goals and plan dates to check off the items on your list.
- Explore new places together.
>> Keep your important documents during travel with a secure travel wallet.
Romantic Destinations for Couples
If you find yourself running out of cute date ideas, why not make a trip out of it and find some romantic things to do in another city? Check out our list of some of the best places to go with your girlfriend in the USA.
New Orleans, Louisiana
The city of New Orleans is a haven for foodies. If you love trying out new cuisine, this is one of the best places to go with your girlfriend. The city boasts a mix of different cultures. It is influenced by French, African, German, Caribbean, and Sicilian cultures. All these contribute to New Orleans becoming a choice destination to experience unique cuisines, art, music, and architecture.
Visiting this city and exploring the many date spots is a great way to discover new things together as a couple. You can visit during Mardi Gras, which is usually celebrated between February to March, to experience a festival like no other.
Long Beach, California
Long Beach is a popular beach destination for couples. It is the perfect blend of city life and small-town beach vibes. Although summer is the best season to visit beaches, Long Beach has warm temperatures the whole year, making it an ideal destination for a quick getaway with your girlfriend.
Aside from the white sand beaches, you will also enjoy the many museums in the area. You can also visit the Aquarium of the Pacific, one of the best in the country. If you’re visiting during a weekend, don’t miss the Long Beach Southeast Farmers Market every Sunday.
Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
The Grand Canyon is one of the most romantic spots in the country. If you are a couple who loves adventure, this is the perfect spot for you. One of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Grand Canyon offers spectacular views that will make you appreciate the enduring beauty of nature.
There are a lot of things to do in the Grand Canyon. You can go hiking along the many trails, rent a bicycle, or go rafting. For a more deluxe and exclusive way of exploring the canyon, you can go on a helicopter ride with your girlfriend.
If you are near Arizona, a day trip to the Grand Canyon is already a perfect way to spend time together. But for travelers coming from farther away, you can opt to go camping on a weekend trip to the canyon.
New York City, New York
New York City, also known as “The City that Never Sleeps,” is among the best places to go with your girlfriend. Visiting the city for the first time is an experience like no other.
If you love theater and the arts, take your girlfriend to see a show on Broadway or in any theater at the city’s Theater District. You can also enjoy a show at the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts. A visit to any of the museums in the city like the Museum of Natural History or the Metropolitan Museum of Art will also be worth your time.
When visiting during the winter season, go ice skating at the Rockefeller Center, or watch the ice skaters while enjoying a cup of delightful hot chocolate. See the stunning architecture, have a hot dog from the popular street carts, and stroll through Central Park. In New York City, the possibilities are endless.
BONUS: Top International Destinations for Couples
If you are looking for places to go with your girlfriend outside of the USA, here are some of the top romantic destinations.
- Bali, Indonesia: Tropical climate, historic temples, fine sand beaches, and clear waters… Bali is a romantic destination for couples of all ages.
- Maldives: The Maldives is a paradise with pristine waters and luxurious resorts. It is perfect for a private and romantic getaway with your girlfriend.
- Winelands, South Africa: This South African destination is one of the best places to go with your girlfriend. It is ideal for couples who love wine, fine food, and the best views of nature.
- Santorini, Greece: Experience breathtaking views of the Aegean Sea, delightful water activities, and delicious local food and wine. Santorini is a top destination for couples.
- Vienna, Austria: Vienna is a beautiful European city that combines historic architecture and natural vistas. You will have a blast learning the culture of this city where some of the best music from the legendary composers Mozart and Beethoven was made.
Discovering new places to go with your girlfriend is an amazing experience that will help you bond as a couple. Aside from going on the occasional date at your favorite hometown spot, traveling to a new city together is a great way to spend quality time with each other. Try new things together, see beautiful sights, and explore another city or country. These are all wonderful ways to keep the spark alive.