Weddings come in different forms, and one of the most exciting ways to jumpstart a marriage is the spontaneity and excitement that come from a Las Vegas wedding. Las Vegas is more than just the fancy lights, games, and exciting nightlife. It also earned a nickname as the wedding capital of the world because of its speedy licenses and unique locations. Whether you’re looking for an intimate wedding, a fairytale-like elopement, or an out-of-this-world experience, we’ll show you where and how to get married in Las Vegas in this ultimate guide.
Why Get Married In Vegas: 5 Reasons To Have A Fabulous Vegas Wedding
There are at least 120,000 weddings performed in Vegas every year, making it the world’s wedding capital. And contrary to our impression of speedy, small chapel weddings, Las Vegas offers romantic and luxury wedding experiences worth having. Here are some of the reasons why you should consider getting married in Las Vegas.
1. The Las Vegas Marriage License Bureau Is Open The Whole Year
Paperwork can be a hassle when planning weddings, but Las Vegas makes it easier for couples because of their marriage license bureaus. Whether you need one over the weekend or during holidays, their services are ready. This is especially useful for couples who have limited time to spend on paperwork.
NOTE: In light of the pandemic, limited slots and operation hours may vary.
2. It Is A Wedding And Vacation In One
Destination weddings are popular for a reason. For couples who wish to lessen the challenges of planning a mini honeymoon and wedding, destination weddings are the best option. And as the capital of entertainment, marriage, and lights, Las Vegas promises a wedding to remember.
3. Las Vegas Offers Customized Wedding Packages
Las Vegas is home to unique hotels, resorts, and casinos that offer customized wedding packages for couples. The services are as flexible and unique as the activities the State is already known for, and you’ll find some of our recommendations in this guide.
4. You Have The Freedom To Be Spontaneous
Although Las Vegas has earned a nickname that borders on notoriety, one thing remains true. No one will judge you. If you need a spontaneous wedding, Las Vegas offers several venues and wedding experiences to satisfy the romantic impulse. One of which is the beloved Elvis-themed wedding and vow renewal.
>> Getting married? Check out these wedding dresses.
5. Las Vegas Is More Than Just Casinos
Do you know that some of the most scenic spots in the US are in the State of Nevada? The Red Rock Canyon and Grand Canyon are just some of the areas you can visit while you’re in Las Vegas. Lake Mead and Charleston mountains are a few other natural escapes that couples can visit while in Las Vegas. In other words, Las Vegas is full of possibilities, and whether you’re embarking on a new journey in marriage or renewing your vows, Las Vegas is the perfect place to start.
8 Tips For Planning A Las Vegas Wedding
One of the most important steps of planning a destination wedding is to decide the destination. But now that we have that sealed let’s head to the other steps.
1. Set a budget for your wedding – Many decisions revolve around a set budget, like the number of guests, catering, theme, and the wedding package of choice. So this is a crucial part of the process.
2. Choose a venue for your wedding – There are many venues to choose from in Las Vegas. There are chapels, hotels, and resorts. All these choices are magical, and the best part about it is that Las Vegas doesn’t run out of possibilities.
3. Decide on the number of guests – Knowing how many guests you want will influence many wedding details like venue, food, and accommodation.
TIP: Some wedding planners have a bit of advice for deciding on wedding guests. Make three concentric circles and mention names you want to invite. Acquaintances are on the outer circle, close friends and family in the innermost. The inner-circle names have to be on your list, and you can decide whether you want to include the rest.
4. Prioritize the elements you want for your wedding – Couples often focus on the venue and food, while others prefer to splurge on gowns and styling. Make sure you know your priorities so you can decide on a wedding to your liking. Sometimes we have to let go of some things to focus on the rest. This way, you also know how to choose and find suppliers for your wedding.
5. Consider getting an on-the-day coordinator – Not all couples need a coordinator, but most need one on their wedding day. You want to be able to relax on the day and immerse yourself in the experience. Unless it’s a highly intimate wedding, we recommend an on-the-day wedding coordinator for guests 50 above.
6. Don’t be afraid to make it unique – Add a unique element to your wedding and make it an occasion to remember. You can add a dance number, sing instead of exchange vows, or get married in a costume.
7. Don’t forget the little things – It may come as a surprise to many, but couples often overlook the tiny, important details in a wedding like the rings or the paperwork. Have a loved one help you with a checklist so it can ease the burden.
8. Enjoy the process – Too much research and planning may overwhelm couples, but the joy is in the journey of knowing how to get married in Las Vegas. There will be no other day like your wedding, and even bloopers will be a form of amusement when you look back on your wedding.
The Ultimate Las Vegas Packing List
The idea of a destination wedding is to have some essential items ready at the destination. Ideally, you shouldn’t need to pack too much, besides personal travel items, unless you need to bring in custom-made dresses from your hometown. Knowing how to get married in Las Vegas is also knowing how to pack appropriately so you don’t miss the essentials.
Tip: Las Vegas also has notable shopping centers. Buy the rest at the destination so you can focus on the necessities. Here are some of the things you need to pack for your destination wedding.
- Passport and ID
- Travel Itinerary
- Hotel confirmation (if needed)
- Health documents required by the State – Always check updated travel requirements in the government site.
- Insurance Policy
- Vendor Contracts
- Receipts – Vendors paid or pending
- Credit and debit cards
- Petty cash
- Gadgets – cellphones, wires, power bank, camera
- Prescription medication
- Wedding dress – ideally should be in your carry-on
- Wedding shoes – the wedding shoes should also be inside the carry-on
- Travel apparel – clothes that you will be wearing before and after your ceremony
- A formal dress
- A suit
- Formal closed-toe shoes
- Comfortable flats
- Casual clothes
- Walking shoes
The full set of skin and hair care should be brought with you since you’ll need to pamper yourself before the big day. The rest may be provided by the hotel, so we recommend you focus on very specific toiletries.
- Facial wash
- Day and Night cream
- Facial masks
- Hair mask and conditioner
First Aid Kit: As a tip, some hotels can provide you with some basic first aid medication in case you leave some items behind.
- Medication – anti-allergies, pain meds
- Alcohol swabs
Special Items: This trip is a wedding which may also extend as a vacation or a mini honeymoon.
- Melatonin or relaxing tea like chamomile – these will help you relax your nerves before the big day.
- Lingerie – for your wedding night and the rest of the vacation
NOTE: Don’t forget wedding essentials like the wedding rings or your written vows.
The Best Las Vegas Wedding Chapels
The quintessential Las Vegas wedding is your typical chapel wedding experience. Thankfully, there are unique spots that offer an exciting experience for you and your partner.
- It is a true blue Las Vegas wedding experience.
- There are many chapels, so it’s easier to book.
- Some chapels offer wedding packages.
- Some popular chapels may not be readily available for spontaneous weddings.
- Some chapels have limited space.
- You’ll need to move from one venue to another after the ceremony.
Little Church Of The West
It is only right that we start our list with the most iconic wedding chapel in Las Vegas, the Little Church of The West. This historic chapel has been in operation for over 70 years and includes an outdoor venue, adding a natural and beautiful landscape to your ceremony.
- This wedding chapel offers services like photography, flowers, and the officiating minister.
- This chapel is close to the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign.
- It is close to the famous Mandalay Bay, at the south end of the Strip.
- It is the only free-standing chapel on the Strip.
This chapel is close to the Four Seasons Las Vegas, which is a very convenient way of moving to and from your ceremony. It’s crucial to have a relaxing place to retire to after a busy day. And with rates at $225 a night, you’re assured premium service for both relaxation and entertainment during your stay. And since this chapel is on the Strip, you can enjoy other activities like checking out the Mob Museum or the dancing fountains of Bellagio.
Graceland Wedding Chapel
The first chapel to use an Elvis-Themed wedding is the Graceland Wedding Chapel. This iconic venue is one of the most photographed chapels in Las Vegas, with a history of over 70 years.
- This chapel offers the classic Elvis-themed wedding at $184.99 in this amazing wedding deal.
- This chapel also offers different packages to suit your budget.
- This area is close to affordable accommodations.
The Graceland Wedding Chapel is a dream come true for many couples who wish to experience an Elvis-themed wedding. They offer additional services with a minimal fee, like photography and chauffeur-driven pick-up and drop-off services. This chapel is close to the affordable D Casino Hotel Las Vegas, which is priced at less than $50 a night.
The Little Vegas Chapel
If you want a selection of wedding themes, The Little Vegas Chapel will not disappoint. According to reviews, the ministers officiate meaningfully and offer advice to couples. The chapel offers full packages with pick-up and drop-off services and a professional photo shoot.
- This chapel offers different wedding packages from $200 to $500.
- This chapel offers free information on marriage licenses.
- It is highly rated and was awarded 2020 Best of Las Vegas Wedding Chapel.
The hotel closest to Little Vegas is a quaint hotel called the Thunderbird Boutique Hotel. The rates are less than $50, and the hotel is close to the arts district where Little Vegas is located. After the ceremony, you can enjoy a walking brewery tour that’s sure to surprise you and your guests.
The Best Las Vegas Hotel Resort Hotel Venues
True to its nickname as the wedding capital of the world, Las Vegas offers a variety of wedding themes and experiences for couples seeking uniqueness for their union. If you don’t feel like getting a classic Vegas chapel wedding, the entertainment capital of the world has many luxurious hotel resorts for your wedding.
- It is luxurious and comfortable.
- Hotel casinos and resorts have the resources you need to accommodate a larger guest list.
- These establishments can be both venues and staycations at the same time.
- It is more expensive than chapel weddings.
- Wedding venues in a hotel may be booked for other functions.
- It is not advisable for spontaneous weddings.
Bellagio Las Vegas
As the home of the iconic dancing fountains, Bellagio Las Vegas is a popular choice for many couples. The elegance inspires a storybook kind of romance from the look to the ambiance, with room rates starting at $200. The Bellagio has two chapels for ceremonies and immense ballrooms for a hundred or more guests. In this scenario it’s crucial to know how to get married in Las Vegas in advance so you can effectively plan a successful party.
- The dancing fountains of the Bellagio are always a sight to behold.
- The Bellagio is located on the Strip, filled with fun and excitement.
- The Bellagio staff is highly rated for their efficiency and customer service.
The Bellagio Wedding Chapels are ready to make your Las Vegas wedding dreams come true. Bellagio offers ballrooms for the reception or restaurants like Prime Restaurant. All you need to do is inquire about their wedding packages, and someone will manage the rest.
Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Experience tranquility even while staying on the Strip in the Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas. It is a non-gaming and non-smoking hotel that promises a serene and luxurious experience. And with rates at $225 a night, it would seem like a bargain.
- It is a five-diamond hotel.
- The hotel has a Forbes five-star spa, perfect for relaxation before and after the wedding.
- Just outside the hotel is the hustle and bustle of The Strip.
You can enjoy a quiet wedding even while you’re in the heart of the entertainment capital of the world. The Four Seasons Las Vegas offers resort-style relaxation with outdoor and indoor wedding venues like the Veranda.
The Green Valley Ranch Resort And Spa
Off the Strip is a Mediterranean-style resort that offers calm and respite from the thrill of central Las Vegas. The Green Valley Ranch Resort and Spa offers custom resort wedding packages and spa wedding packages that are a true treat to the senses. With rates starting at $200 a night, you may be looking at your next dream wedding destination.
- They offer themed rooms with a view of the mountains and the pool.
- The hotel’s design is perfect for styling.
- The hotel has sand bottom pools.
This hotel is the perfect Las Vegas wedding escape. You can always travel to and from the Strip, but a wedding experience here is one of a kind. They also offer elopement ceremonies and wedding lunch packages complete with a dessert buffet! And as a change of scenery, you can enjoy the surrounding attractions at the Ranch or take a trip to the Red Rock Canyon.
Unique Las Vegas Wedding Ceremony Ideas
Let’s take the experience further by giving our weddings a unique twist in some of these fabulous ideas.
- Unique wedding ideas are a tick off the bucket list at the same time.
- It is one way to make your wedding memorable.
- It’s not common and will have less booking compared to chapel weddings.
- These unique experiences may be pricier.
- Some experiences may experience challenges because of the weather.
- Some couples may not push through some plans.
Grand Canyon Helicopter Wedding
If you and your partner want to take your wedding to new heights, a Grand Canyon helicopter wedding is perfect for you! This six-seat helicopter ride will bring you to the Grand Canyon for your “I Dos” along with a minister and photographer.
- The view of the Grand Canyon is an amazing backdrop for an unforgettable moment.
- The return flight will take you over the Strip and the light of Fremont Street.
- The site for your wedding is only accessible by helicopter, which makes it exclusive.
The rate for this package is $4,200 but includes some exclusive activities. It is also very intimate since the helicopter can only accommodate a total of six guests. This unique experience made more magical by the view of the Grand Canyon, one of America’s scenic views, is definitely one for the books.
Eiffel Tower Paris Las Vegas Wedding
Travel is challenging now. Why don’t you add some international flair to your Vegas wedding by getting married at the Eiffel Tower of Paris Las Vegas? The rates are at $147 a night with a promise of Parisian romance.
- The hotel is in itself charming and stylish.
- There are dining options in the Eiffel Tower.
- Gordon Ramsay Steak is also available.
The Eiffel Tower Las Vegas provides a great view of try Strip even if it’s just half the size of the original Paris Eiffel. You can also see the dancing fountains from this view.
Gazebo Wedding At The Flamingo Las Vegas
The art deco-themed Flamingo hotel is a must-visit when you’re in Las Vegas. But why not make it a part of your wedding by booking a ceremony at the Garden Chapel at the Flamingo? A small ceremony under date palms, with the sound of two waterfalls nearby, sounds like a romantic outdoor experience.
- The Flamingo is an iconic hotel.
- The hotel has waterfalls and lush foliage.
- It is the home of the first Margaritaville Casino.
With rates at $104 a night, the Flamingo delivers the best value comfort. There are also restaurants you and your guests can enjoy, like the all-American menu of Johnny Rockets and the Flamingo Food Court.
To Wrap It Up
There’s a bittersweet connection between gambling and weddings, which Las Vegas embodies perfectly. Weddings are a beautiful risk worth taking. The uncertainty in marriage is as immense as a slot machine game, but the beauty is in the journey. Knowing how to get married in Las Vegas is all about immersing yourself in the experience, and we hope our picks sealed the deal for you.