Hoover Dam is a solid arch-gravity structure in the Colorado River’s Black Canyon, on the boundary of Nevada and Arizona, located still in Nevada, United States. If you are asking how long the drive from Las Vegas to Hoover Dam is, it is actually a 44-minute ride.
Reasons to visit Hoover Dam
No matter how long the drive from Las Vegas to Hoover Dam is, it is still worth it because there are countless reasons to include Hoover Dam in your itinerary if you are visiting Las Vegas. Here are just a few:
- It is near Las Vegas. It is only a 30-minute drive from Vegas, making it the ideal half-day escape from the hustle and bustle of the Strip. Explore Hoover Dam first thing in the morning, then return to Las Vegas with plenty of time to make dinner reservations or see that show you’ve been looking forward to.
- It is the most significant engineering achievement in America. When it was first launched in 1930, the Hoover Dam was the tallest in the world, rising 730 feet above the Canyon ground and 1,244 feet wide. To those who have never seen it, the Hoover Dam may appear unimpressive, but to those who have, it is clear why it is considered one of the seven engineering wonders of the modern world.
- Going to Hoover Dam is now accessible. You can explore inside Hoover Dam, which will take you deep into the heart of it. The shorter way can take you 530 feet into Hoover Dam to view the hydroelectric generators. In contrast, the longer, more immersive Hoover Dam Tour allows you to explore the its passageways.
- Some tours include Hoover Dam in their packages. You can explore inside the dam by taking one of its informative tours, which will take you deep into the dam’s heart. The shorter Power Plant Tour takes you 530 feet into the dam to see the hydroelectric generators.
- You can see astonishing sceneries and views. You can take photos and stories with its panoramic view. The dam’s downstream side is best seen from the air, but it is still impressive from any angle.
Other places to visit in Las Vegas
Aside from Hoover Dam, there are other places to see in Las Vegas that you can include in your itinerary.
>> Keep your face hydrated while on vacation with a facial moisturizer.
- Streetmosphere in Sr. Mark’s Square
With stage shows by talented vocalists, singers, and dancers, Streetmosphere entertains you in splendid Italian culture. Each 15-minute performance includes vibrant folk and opera productions that will make you want to groove – for free!
- Gondola Rides
Cherish a scenic gondola trip through the Grand Canal Shoppes at The Venetian in Macau while listening to Italian opera tracks.
- KAMU Ultra Karaoke
Your wish to sing has been granted. The first high-end karaoke venue on the Las Vegas Strip is KAMU – Ultra Karaoke. You can sing any song right with 40 private soundproof suites.
Through helicopter tours from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon and over the Hawaiian Islands of Maui and Kauai, Maverick Helicopters offer once-in-a-lifetime adventures. Admire the glow of neon lights on a Las Vegas Strip overnight helicopter ride, get a fresh outlook of the Vegas Valley and Red Rock Canyon with a sheltered docking experience, or plan a tour to the magnificent Grand Canyon.
- Museum of Dream Space
The Museum of Dream Space (MODS) has been the first gallery in the United States dedicated solely to digital art. MODS’ design philosophy is influenced by Yayoi Kusama’s (famous for her infinite rooms) artwork and digital art evolution.
Essentials to bring when traveling to Las Vegas
As your scroll through this article about how long the drive from Las Vegas to Hoover Dam is, this article also aims to help you prepare and avoid hassles during your trip. Here are the essential things you need to bring:
- Legal documents (passport, Visa, and valid IDs)
It is critical to have legal documents when traveling to Vegas and other international destinations. Having a valid ID and a Visa can also guarantee that you have access to things in Vegas. If you have legal documents, you are legally free to roam around Sin City.
When traveling, one of the most important things to bring is money. Cash can be used for anything – from the food you want to eat to transportation to get you around the city.
- Presentable shoes
Having a good pair of shoes can make you look like a Vegas celebrity. You do not want other people to make fun of you because of your wrong shoes and other possessions. Another advantage is that it can make you appear like a high-class celebrity and a star.
- Nice outfits
A night out in Las Vegas is an excellent excuse to dress to impress. If you are traveling out in the area, wear a super sparkly dress or a halter jumpsuit. Accessorize your look with fancy items, and you will be able to draw someone’s attention to yourself.
Even in the dead of summer, you will want to carry a sweater and wrap it around you. It may be hot outside, but casinos blast the air conditioning, and once inside, you will be chilled to the bone. That is why it is vital to bring at least a sweater with you.
After getting ideas on how long the drive from Las Vegas to Hoover Dam is, you may consider booking a trip to the said place. Take note that you cannot stay there overnight, so make sure you have a hotel to stay. Have a safe and secured travel and do not forget to bring unforgettable memories with you.