As long as there are safe destinations in the world, you owe it to your sanity – and to your great love for each other – to hop on a plane, a bus, a ferry (anything!) and make that dream honeymoon escapade happen. Or if lockdowns and the threat of new virus strains get in the way of your planning, you’ll be happy to know that many hotels and destinations allow free cancellation or ‘book now, travel later’ deals in consideration of the pandemic. So even if the future seems bleak, plan beautifully anyway, and we hope these honeymoon travel packages available and customizable at Expedia will inspire you.
Honeymoon Planning Tips
Here are five helpful tips for your honeymoon planning.
- Plan ahead of time. Honeymoon is not just any ordinary vacation, so always plan ahead of time. Don’t just decide last minute. This will help you organize your trip, do your research and book everything at a reasonable price.
- Check the place’s health and safety protocol. During this pandemic, it’s not that easy to travel in and out in a certain country. So before booking your tickets and accommodation, it’s best to check the health and safety protocol of the place to know the requirements you need to secure upon entry.
- Plan together. Make sure that both you and your spouse are involved in the planning stage. Come up with activities that both of you will enjoy.
- Personalize your trip. Personalize your itinerary, and don’t just completely copy whatever itinerary you can pull up online. Give an effort in researching locations that will fit both of your personality and activities that you will both love.
- Research activities and spots to visit. Read tips, reviews, and recommendations before booking. Do a thorough research of the place and activities. To make your trip more romantic, look for hidden gems in the destination. Visit locations with lesser tourist.
>> Make the most out of your romantic holiday by getting the best travel luggage organizer.
1. Ibiza Honeymoon
Several travel sites report that most hotels in this Spanish party island offer free cancellation. Thus, it is important to book refundable hotels to give you flexibility in your honeymoon plans.
A fun-filled, romantic honeymoon in Ibiza starts at $830, inclusive of flights, hotels, and rental cars, but an Expedia tip is to add some tours into your package to snag some deals with greater value.
Situated off the coast of Valencia, Spain, the island of Ibiza is a partygoer’s ultimate dream. The nightlife is vibrant and is one of the best and most pioneering in the world, especially among elite celebrities. The Ibiza party vibe spikes from June to August, but if you’d like your honeymoon to be less loud and rowdy, you can travel to the island in February, November, and December. Keep tabs on November when there are cheaper deals and lower hotel rates.
Clubbing, sunbathing, and dancing on the beach are not the only activities in Ibiza. There are also some historical tours around the island, which a UNESCO World Heritage site. The remnants of history in Ibiza show how Spain was once the greatest military and political might in the world, sending off ships for conquest. Phoenician ruins and cemeteries, as well as Carthaginian tombs, take you back to a very early time in civilization, which the Spanish were among the first to master.
To completely feel like a celebrity, Ibiza also has suppliers who offer photoshoot services, like the Ibiza Road Trip Photo Shoot with a Mustang from the 60s. This interesting, Instagrammable experience costs over $300 per person.
If you and your partner get a kick from doing things for free, Ibiza also has something for you. It’s a positive indicator that this community celebrates your freedom and cares not to charge you for every move you make.
- The Ibiza Museum of Contemporary Art. Guided tours are also offered in this museum that’s free and open for all.
- Necropolis del Puig des Molins, another historical area in Ibiza which is great for an afternoon of promenading.
- La Marina. This is where locals go and is, therefore, the best place to interact with the lovely Spanish locals.
- Illa Negra de l’Est. Stay close to each other and just take your own sweet time staring at the waters.
- Sacred Heart of Jesus Statue. Devotees can come and appreciate religious art, which also gives you a peek into the Catholic culture of a younger Spain.
- Sant Rafel Church. Another place to drink in and discover Catholic art is this Church in Ibiza.
- Calo des Moro Beach. Simply sit back, relax and open up your senses to the richness of the beach and realize that you really don’t have to do much to enjoy your honeymoon escapade.
- Feixes de Ibiza (Ses). Go on a photo walk and take snaps of the naturally beautiful landscape of the area.
2. Tahiti Beach Honeymoon
Tahiti is an archipelago of over 100 islands in the South Pacific and is one of the most famous honeymoon destinations among European couples. Painter Paul Gaugin arguably popularized Tahiti among his fellow Europeans by making the islands a subject of many of his works.
The best hotel rooms to pick in Tahiti are the overwater suites with thatched roofs and magnificently transparent floors that expose the turquoise waters. Of course, every amenity inside is up to par to give you the best honeymoon ever.
Tahiti honeymoon packages at Expedia allow you to save by bundling flight, hotel, and car rental bookings, so consider doing that when you plan your honeymoon travel package. Some of the best properties on the island are:
- The InterContinental Tahiti Resort & Spa. This property boasts of one of the best locations by the blue lagoon. Each fully furnished room and bungalow at the InterContinental Tahiti comes with a private terrace for you to enjoy the view while sipping champagne, a welcome gift for honeymooners. The inclusions in a honeymoon travel package at the InterContinental also get better and better the longer you stay in the resort: complimentary breakfast in bed if you and your partner stay for five days, and a complimentary dinner when you stay for a week. A romantic dinner can also be served on the terrace of your overwater bungalow, complete with an aperitif in a coconut vessel.
- The Brando. This is an extra exclusive property named after Marlon Brando, who bought the cluster of islands where it is situated. You can reach The Brando only via a private plane. The property has 35 lavish villas. How lavish, you ask? Each villa has a spacious bedroom, an adjacent sitting room, a media room, and to top it all off, an outdoor bathtub that you wish you could have at home, a terrace for a great view of everything, and your own private plunge room. Taking a stroll around the property, there is a floating garden and an eco-friendly spa that uses coconut oil and solar energy as fuel. An all-inclusive honeymoon travel package at The Brando starts at $2,266 per night.
These are just two honeymoon travel packages that can inspire you to plan your trip soon. Expedia can help you score great deals, no matter what package you choose. Take advantage of the flexibility that many hotels offer through Expedia, especially to accommodate disruptions during the pandemic. It can also assist you as you craft your own travel plans and itinerary, from flights to accommodation to shuttles and destination activities, giving you tips on how and where you can save extra dollars. From simple in-country excursions to adventurous long-haul travels, Expedia can help you find the honeymoon package that suits you.