You are worn out and want to have a quick break from all the hustle and bustle of the city. You want something that is neither too far nor too near your place. We have an answer for that, Colorado! But you may be wondering that some states have travel restrictions, including this one. Worry not as in this article, we will quickly tackle the question, “does Colorado have travel restrictions?” Then, we will share the best things Colorado is famous for. Let’s get going!
>> Protect your skin from the Colorado heat. Wear a sunscreen before going out.
No Travel Restrictions in Colorado
As far as the travel restrictions go, there are no specific travel restrictions in Colorado. However, they follow the standard protocol that the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. They want all their visitors to Colorado to respect all the requests, public health regulations, and the capacity of their local destinations. Also, they advised travelers not to take any non-essential if possible. Lastly, they reminded Colorado visitors to stay informed and always take preventive actions against the COVID-19.
What Colorado has in store for you?
Why is Colorado so great? Here a list of why you should try visiting Colorado. These are also the things that make you want to stay in, too.
- Great sceneries. As Keanu Reeves said, “You are breath-taking!” You can also say the same for the state of Colorado. You can go there just to see the magnificent mountaintops of the Rocky Mountains. But that’s not the only thing that Colorado can offer you. The state of Colorado has some of the most diverse landscapes on the globe. There are many things that tourists can choose from – like the marvelous red rock formations, magnificent grasslands, tranquil forests and lakes, amply number of wildflowers, most incredible sand dunes, and even some lovely towns in the state.
- Periodic weather. The state of Colorado receives around 300 days of sunshine, making it the perfect place to visit whenever you like. The place’s climate is one of the key things why some people want to there to Colorado. In addition, winters in Colorado are not bad even though the citizens in it experience about 300 inches of snow, particularly in their mountain resorts. Also, this periodic change of seasons has a significant effect. It gives the state some of its most lovely scenery, especially when fall comes.
- Outdoor fun. If you ask a Coloradan, they will say that you must try hiking in their place. Hiking is a must on your bucket list when you go to Colorado. Many different trails can accommodate anyone. This includes 54 mountaintops that have an elevation of around 4270 meters or more above sea level. There are also some other things that Coloradans enjoy aside from hiking. When summer or fall arrives, people tend to have fun while doing some camping, horseback riding, riding a four-wheel, even fishing and hunting. On the other hand, in winter, people have fun doing some skiing, snowboarding, dogsledding and many more!
- Great wildlife. With great landscapes comes great wildlife, and this is true for Colorado. The lush wilderness of Colorado brings many chances for the people who like to watch nature in its purest form. The state of Colorado is famous for its bighorn sheep, mountain goats, and even elks. On the other hand, there are birdwatchers from the Colorado Birding Trails that watch on over 400 species of birds in the state only. There are a variety of birds in the state, including the pinyon jays and even bald eagles. There are also animals that are best to look at from afar, like bobcats and black bears.
- National parks. There are four national parks in Colorado that you must visit when you are in the state. There’s the Rocky Mountain National Park located outside of Estes Park that showcases all the majesty of the Colorado mountains. Next, we have the Mesa Verde National Park near Cortez that has the Ancestral Pueblan cliff settlements. These settlements are some of the well-protected and deeply studied spots around the globe. Next, we have the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve, situated near Alamosa, which has a 30 square mile of dune field. There are dunes inside the said National Park that stand up to 750 feet high. Lastly, The Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park is located near Alamosa. This National Park has an 85-m stretch of plunging dark walls along the narrow cavity.
- Marvelous towns. You’re mistaken when you think that Colorado is only the outdoors. This state is also a great destination when you want to visit cities. An example is Denver, a flourishing city that showcases colorful arts and culture worth the time to be explored by people. Next, we have Colorado Springs, a place with many family-welcoming attractions combined with its natural landmarks. Lastly, there’s the city of Boulder that is famous for its hippie holdout status.
- Meaningful history. For the history geeks out there, Colorado is teeming with many histories rooted in the Old West. You can go and look at Pike’s Peak Gold Rush that attracts explorers and even prospectors into Colorado. Or you can opt to look at the Colorado Gold Trail. This is a scenic trip that will bring you to an 1850s mining hot spot. Also, there are plenty of Instagram-worthy mountain railroads that are still in business, allowing tourists to have a blast into the past.
There you have it, the things that Colorado has to offer. Does Colorado have travel restrictions? None as of writing this article, but always take precautions when traveling. Now that you know that, don’t miss the chance of having a wonderful experience in this great destination. Get packed up and book a trip to Colorado right now. Be a safe adventurer!