Although couples can see the world via rose-colored lenses in just about any location, some places lead them to love. There are several delightful places to explore, ranging from a beach trip where no footwear or clothes are needed to a city that sparkles underneath the brightness of streetlamps. Organize your journey with the list of the world’s best romantic places to visit, whether you will be celebrating an anniversary, heading on your honeymoon as newlyweds, or just looking for an intimate trip for the both of you.
Explore some of the most romantic places in the world
There is something unique and magical regarding traveling with someone you are romantically involved with, despite how many vacations you’ve taken while you are single. Not only can you eventually extend your legs and lean your head on the plane passenger next to you, but you also have a travel companion with whom you can visit exotic locations and, finally, use the “do not interrupt” sign. Check out some of the best romantic places to stay with your significant other.
- Paris – Is it possible to finish a romantic muster without mentioning the City of Lights, Paris? There is an explanation why, as France’s capital, all these couples search out Paris’ atmosphere and vitality. You will be blown away by picturesque coffee houses, picture-perfect wood and stone avenues, and the smell of freshly baked pastry filling the air as you stroll through this European city.
- Venice, Italy – You will see references to the Renaissance period and Gothic structures as you walk with hands interlocked, absorbing the overwhelmingly accommodating Italian culture. Stroll around St. Mark’s Square, where local shops sell their handcrafted wares. No doubt Venice is one of the best romantic places to visit.
- Santorini, Greece – Santorini, one of the world’s most famous destinations for newlyweds and one of the most stunning Greek Islands, may involve a lengthy plane ride, so make sure to book a flight that offers high-quality service. Despite the long flight, it indeed is well worth the effort. Many newlyweds choose Santorini because of its Aegean Sea location, which offers nightly enchanting orange, pink skies and golden sunsets in the town of Oia.
- Krabi, Thailand – Mangroves, granite rocks, structures, cliffs, and many other pieces of Mother Nature’s art can be situated in the tropical region of the country’s west coast. You can take a full cruise to Railay Beach or go on a snorkeling trip to witness the ocean’s colorful living things.
- Sabi Sands Game Reserve – While you can drive around the iconic Kruger National Park, lodging at a game lodge in the exceptional Sabi Sands Game Reserve, where several luxurious resorts give couple adventures you never thought was possible, is a more personal choice. You can snuggle in admiration of the flood of stars and constellations that appear beyond you right before returning to your cottage, marveling at the world that held you together.
- The Berkshires, USA – Most couples are excited about their first-weekend getaway together, from which they can put their traveling skills to the test, even if it is just deciding on directions or a restaurant. The Berkshires is one of the best romantic places to visit for a long weekend trip that is available from the East Coast. You can avail a rent a car service and drive around the countryside, stay in bed with homemade waffles drizzled with maple syrup for breakfast, and conclude your nights are getting cozy by the fireplace.
- The Maldives – The famed over-water villas with a spacious balcony and clear floors that enable the sea to light up your room will be a popular choice for most couples. Snorkeling couples will love discovering reefs and marine life in all shapes and sizes to add up to some of the world’s most spectacular and scenic beaches.
- Maui, Hawaii – Couples can take a romantic drive across the Hana Highway and tour around Haleakala National Park, which includes the volcano that was named after it. Remember to leave enough time to fall asleep underneath the sparkling stars and constellations that fill the twilight sky with light.
- Amalfi Coast – Despite the fact that this region of Campania is only 50 kilometers, it attracts an increasing number of visitors due to its fascinating elegance, local seafood, and stunning panoramic views. You and your companion can negotiate winding streets and alleyways, visit fishing villages, explore cliff overlooking villas, or enjoy the day on the beach absorbing the vitamin D and the Italians’ comfort.
- Aspen, Colorado – This Rocky Mountain attraction is best known for skiing and is among the Colorado’s top ski resorts. It has everything you need for a romantic trip. Scheduling a relaxing time of skiing and cuddling is the best way to refresh your relationship, from snow-covered mountain peaks to the screech of a fireplace.
Romantic vacation activities for couples
You’ve been waiting for this moment for a long time, and now it’s actually here: you’re going on the ride of a lifetime! These best romantic places to visit would leave you feeling as if you are on your honeymoon as a newlywed, whether it’s your first holiday together or your 20th-anniversary vacation. Indulge yourself in the charm of a new location and bask in the enchantment that your love offers.
- Wine tasting – Enjoy a glass of white, red, or rose wine when taking in the scenery. You may want to take a bottle home with you as a souvenir! Save it for a special occasion and feel nostalgic months later regarding your wonderful holiday.
- Spa and massage treatments – What could be more enjoyable than a weekend getaway? While being on holiday, reward yourself to an indulgent luxury spa.
- Go on a boat ride – Drifting out to sea, far from land and everything above it, has a certain allure. Just the sunlight, the sea, and your darling remain. Spend a fun afternoon together cruising through new seas. Bring a picnic, crack open a bottle of red wine, and enjoy some great alone time with your partner!
Things to avoid when traveling with your partner
- Planning the trip alone – Planning is an essential aspect of the journey because if done separately, one-half of the pair will be unhappy with the other’s choices. This is also a good way of evaluating your needs and make plans that both of you decide on.
- Expecting the trip to be perfect – There will undoubtedly be unpleasant circumstances. The manner you and your partner respond to them will determine whether a minor issue will derail your vacation or whether you will shrug it off and live in the moment.
- Not discussing about the budget – You should not be in debt only to escape having to talk about finances. If your partner truly loves you, surely, you’ll find a happy medium in which you can both enjoy yourself. You may not have to eke out the last cent.
>> Looking to bring your accessories for your next travel? Check out the perfect travel accessories bags here.
Aside from having to marry your best mate, your honeymoon is a special perk. Planning a romantic trip with your significant other can be stressful and cause a lot of pressure. Reading many trip guides and knowing the best romantic places to visit will surely help you make the process a lot easier.