One of the best trips you have in your life is probably those with your friends tagging along. Being with friends makes the trip worthwhile. With the never-ending talk, laugh, food trips and all. Layovers, long flights, and tiring walks seem to be all worth it. Whether you are just bumming out or doing fun stuff, nearby location, or far destinations, vacationing with your best buddies will always be a great memory to last a lifetime. So, if you are planning for your next group getaway, check out these best places to go on vacation with friends.
Why You Should Go On A Trip With Friends
Many people would agree that traveling with friends brings a deeper dimension and more experiences to the friendships they hold. While solo travel has its benefits, traveling with friends has a multitude of advantages as well. Here are some of the reasons why you should pack your bag and head to the best places to go on vacation with friends.
1. Traveling with friends result in more profound friendship.
When you travel with friends, you will get to know a more realistic version of them. You will get to discover a different side of them that you may not know yet. For example, you will realize that one of your friends enjoys thrilling experiences, or the other one is very organized as you watch him fix himself before you head out every morning. You will notice that one of your best buddies is reliable, especially in times that require quick decisions.
You get to spend more time, bond and have a good laugh at even the pettiest thing. Flights and long layovers won’t be boring as you have each other to keep company. Travel experience with friends is surely something remarkable that you will remember even when you’re old and grey.
2. Travel becomes less expensive.
When you travel with friends, the whole adventure is less expensive. Booking an apartment or vacation home will result in far less expensive lodging than paying for a room on your own, so that lets you save a lot on your accommodation. Many events become much more affordable and convenient when shared among friends as well.
Let’s take, for example, car rental. It’s pricey if you will rent it by yourself, and if this is not something within your budget, you will opt for public transportation. But if you have friends to join you, you can cheap in to rent a car for the tour. If you plan on cooking in your home rental, you can save money on groceries as well as the expenses will be shared.
3. Extra security and assistance.
Thinking that you will be on a different territory and outside your comfort zone is exciting but can be a bit scary as well. As opposed to traveling alone, traveling with friends will provide an additional degree of protection. If you’re visiting a country or city with a high crime rate, being with other people might discourage offenders who would otherwise threaten you.
Even if you are traveling to a reasonably safe place, you can rely on a friend to keep an eye on your bag and to warn you that cars drive on the opposite side of the lane (trust us, everyone forgets this at least once). Your friends will also help you if anything goes wrong when you’re on the road. When issues occur, getting angry and irritated, your friends will help you resolve the issue while still offering emotional encouragement. Also, it will give your family peace of mind that you have someone to help you in emergencies.
4. Experience new things.
Someone in the party would almost certainly be more daring than the others. This friend will inspire you to step outside of your comfort zone and do new stuff! Whether it’s exploring new recipes or riding a zip line like this one, the extra boost is all you need to create long-lasting memories.
When traveling with friends, you do not have to be an authority in anything. There would almost always be a friend who plans exciting outings, one who keeps track of expenses, one who enjoys cooking, and so on. Everyone benefits from each other’s strengths as we work together! Being with friends will give you the confidence to do something you would not otherwise do.
Traveling will take you out of your comfort zone in a variety of ways. When you have your mates by your side, you are more likely to say yes to fun chances and try new foods. Instead of letting your vacation pass you by without taking any chances, help each other get the best out of it.
>> Getting together with your friends? Catch some movies together.
5. Fun memories that will last a lifetime.
Although making memories by yourself is great, it’s always fun to focus on lovely moments with your friends who were still with you on your journeys. When traveling with friends, there is always a photographer poised to catch a special moment! It also means you’ll be in more photos! Make it a practice to be unafraid of taking pictures so that viewers can capture more of the candid moments. You should make fun of them all later! When you go out on your own, it’s impossible to reflect on the happier days. Instead, make memories of your favorite friends!
Off To The Beach!
Beach bumming is probably your idea of a fun summer. Take a break from school or corporate life and head to the beach with your best friends. Get some fresh air and soak under the sun for a perfect tan as you sip your favorite cocktails.
Laguna Beach, California
Laguna Beach is located in Orange County, California. It’s lined with beautiful beaches and fun water activities. Aside from that, it also has numerous trails to take for hiking. It’s an excellent location for extreme activities with friends or just relaxing by the beach and feeling the boho ambiance.
If you visit Laguna Beach, stay in hotels if you are traveling with two or three companions as they are more affordable than vacation rentals. But there are about 7 – 10 of you, can look for affordable rentals.
- Take a walk in Heisler Park and take turns taking photos of its beautiful landscapes.
- Don’t miss seeing and be entertained by the famous Pageant of the Masters.
- Join brewery tours or wine tasting tours and get a taste of different crafted beers and wines.
- Explore other beaches such as Crystal Cove State Park and 1,000 Steps Beach.
- Try some water activities such as stand-up paddle boarding, surfing, and windsurfing.
- Explore recommended restaurants such as Nick’s Laguna Beach.
Gili Islands, Bali Indonesia
Gili islands are known to be one of the best and budget-friendly destinations in Asia. It is comprised of three islands, Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno, and Gili Air. If your group is a party mania, stay in Gili Trawangan, known as the party island. Gili Meno is best if you want to relax and beach bum the whole day. Gili Air is the balance of parties, activities, and a relaxed ambiance. If you are vacationing with friends, especially if you go as a big group, book tours, you can save and have it exclusive for you and your friends.
- Explore local food by going to Trawangan Night Market.
- Take a photo at the ocean swings found on almost every beach in the three Gilis.
- Enjoy the party and drinks at the Jiggy Boat Party.
- Go on an adventure and do some of the water sports Gili has to offer, just like snorkeling, diving, and rafting.
- Take a 20-minute hike to Gili Trawangan View Point Entry for a picturesque view of Trawangan.
Ibiza is one of the famous party playgrounds in Europe. With more than 40 nightclubs and more than 80 beaches to explore, you and your friends will have the best vacation trip ever. Aside from pub crawls and parties, there are so many fun things you have to experience when you visit Ibiza.
If you plan to stay in Ibiza hotels, the price ranges from 70USD to 180USD per night with an average of 110USD. Vacation rentals cost around 300USD to 1300USD per night for the entire
- Explore local food by goHike to the top of Sa Talaia to get a whole scenic view of the island.
- Shop for souvenirs and more at the Hippy Market Punta Arabí.
- Explore the hills and cobbled streets of Dalt Vila, which is Ibiza’s old town. This town is considered a UNESCO World Heritage site due to historical parts of Ibiza’s culture from thousands of years ago.
- Try Ibiza’s water activities to get the most out of your vacation. You can snorkel, kayak, surf, and many more.
- Experience boat parties.
Outdoor Adventure: Trekking And Hiking Activities
Do you and your friends love to explore the great outdoors? Then these destinations are for you. From hiking, trekking, canyoneering, or even skiing and snowboarding during winter, these destinations will surely give you utmost fun.
Angel Fire, New Mexico
Angel Fire is a village situated in the Rocky Mountains of New Mexico. Here you can find the Angel Fire Resort. During winter, it’s a good location for skiing or snowboarding. During the summer season, people come to enjoy outdoor activities on terrain parks, just like biking, wall climbing, fishing, and so much more.
- If you are planning a winter getaway, visit Angel Fire Resort for a ski and snowboard adventure.
- If you plan to go during summer, try the zipline activity at Angel Fire. They also offer zipline tours that let you experience around six high ziplines.
- Try horseback riding and explore beautiful trails. Horseback riding is not just available during summer but in snow season as well.
- Look for bike rentals and enjoy Angel Fire bike park. You can choose trails from beginner to pro.
- Drive around the Enchanted Circle Scenic Byway and stopover at the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
Cebu City, Philippines
If your group is looking for a destination that will let you experience multiple extreme activities, then head to Cebu City, Philippines. This province is known for landmarks from its 16th-century Spanish colonial past, the surrounding islets, and extreme activities such as whale shark swimming and canyoneering.
- Take a canyoneering adventure in Badian Cebu. This activity includes rock water slides, swimming, hiking, rappelling down a rope with no harness, and lots of cliff jumps, including the one that’s 30 meters high.
- Visit the beautiful turquoise water of Kawasan Falls and experience riding a raft.
- Hike to the top of Osmena Peak, which is the highest peak in Cebu.
- Visit Oslob and experience swimming with friendly whale sharks.
- Visit the famous Simala Shrine Church, which is known to local as a miraculous place.
North Cape, Northern Norway
North Cape is situated in Nordkapp Municipality. It’s an excellent destination for an extraordinary arctic adventure. Here you can meet a lot of Sami families, and during the summer season, you get to experience 24hours of sun. If you plan to visit North Cape, you can stay in cabins, vacation rentals, or hostels in Nordkapp, or you can camp in various campsites.
- Camp at numerous campsites to watch the breathtaking beauty of the Aurora Borealis.
- Visit Gjesvaerstappan Nesting Cliffs, where you can find thousands of puffins, gannets, auks, and more.
- Try some winter sports such as riding the snowmobile, snowshoeing, and dog sledding.
- Explore the fishing village called Skarsvåg and trip yourselves for a sumptuous dinner at The North Cape Experience.
- Interact with reindeer and get to know the Sami culture.
Yosemite National Park
Yosemite National Park is situated in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains. It’s known for its ancient sequoia trees and Tunnel View, the iconic vista of towering Bridalveil Fall, and the granite cliffs of El Capitan and Half Dome. In Yosemite Village are shops, restaurants, lodging, the Yosemite Museum, and the Ansel Adams Gallery, with prints of the photographer’s renowned black-and-white landscapes of the area.
- Join tours to explore the must-see features of Yosemite National Park. You can choose whether you want to join small group tours or private ones.
- If your teens are up for challenging adventures, go for a hike on Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias or Mist trail.
- Go on camping in campsites within the park.
- Yosemite has restaurants where you can dine in or dine out. Some of the top-rated restaurants are the Mountain Room Restaurant, The Ahwahnee Dining Room, and Curry Village Dining Pizza Deck.
To Wrap It Up
There are far more best places to go on vacation with friends. When you try these best places to go on vacation with friends, not only do you get to collect memories but also develop a stronger bond and sense of friendship.
Are you now excited to plan your next adventure? Check out some more best places to go on vacation with friends right here!