The honeymoon period is one of the things that most newly married couples look forward to after the wedding. After you spent long months or weeks preparing for the wedding ceremony, this is the perfect moment where you finally have the time to de-stress, relax, and spend intimate time together as husband and wife. The United States of America, being one of the largest countries in the world has many places to offer for its newly married visitors all year round, but according to travel experts, the perfect time to visit the country is during autumn. So if you are planning for your honeymoon getaway, check out these best honeymoon destinations in October.
Best Honeymoon Destinations In October: What to Prepare
Before you get going, these are the basic things that you need to prepare, so you can enjoy the best honeymoon destinations in October in USA.
>> Traveling to a different country? Remember to bring an electrical converter for your gadgets.
- Passport, VISA, and other travel requirements. Make sure that you have a VISA and passport to travel to the US. Your passport should be valid, not less than six months from the date of your departure from your country of origin. A negative COVID-19 test taken three calendar days before your departure is also required.
- Plane ticket and accommodation. Secure your plane ticket and accommodation ahead of time, especially now that the capacity of airlines and accommodation establishments has been limited as a precaution to COVID-19.
- Budget. Plan how much money you will spend for the entire trip. You should also bring extra pocket money to make sure that you have enough cash to cover unexpected expenses during the trip. Familiarize where and how you can get US dollar currency. It can be on the airport or local banks, just take note that charges apply.
- Schedule and itinerary. If you want to make the most of your honeymoon trip in the US, be sure to plan your target activities with your husband or wife to have a clear schedule and itinerary from your arrival to your destination up to the date of your departure.
- Check the weather of your destination. Be sure that you check the weather of the state that you are going to visit. US is a big country, and the weather may vary from state to state. Although October is autumn season, knowing the specific weather of your destination will help you decide what type of clothing you should pack in your luggage.
- Familiarize yourself with the routes and know your travel options. Know how you can get to your destination from the airport, whether you will hire someone to pick you up, get a taxi from the airport, rent a car, take public transportation, or book a ride through ride-sharing apps.
US Places to Visit in October
The US is enjoying the chill breeze of autumn during October. Many outdoor activities can be enjoyed along with the spectacular view of foliage of trees. If you are looking for the best honeymoon destinations on a budget, you can consider Honolulu, Kauai, and Napa Valley which are also considered the best honeymoon destinations in October.
Kauai Island is located in Hawaii. It is one of the largest islands in the United States. Kauai Island is proud of its beautiful mountain formations, hikes, beaches, and resorts. Couples visiting the island can enjoy the spectacular view of nature from their hotel room. You can explore and experience the island’s beauty by trekking, diving, snorkeling, or kayaking to the great shores of Kauai. The Napali Coast is one of the main attractions on the island.
The weather on the island is dry during October which makes it one of the best honeymoon destinations during that month – perfect for chilling and doing fun activities. A week’s stay on the island would cost a couple approximately 2,131 USD.
Napa Valley is in San Francisco, California. It is known as the world’s famous wine-growing region. It boasts of its high-quality wine, rich culture, and picturesque sceneries that newly married couples would enjoy. Hotels, resorts, and restaurants are all over Napa. A tour in Napa town, Paper Napan, Rail Art District, cellars, wineries, grape picking, and hot air balloon ride are some of the fun activities to do in Napa Valley.
It is one of the best honeymoon destinations in October, the ideal month to visit Napa due to the autumn season where awesome foliage and grape harvesting can be witnessed. A week in Napa Valley would cost a couple more or less 3,225 USD.
Honolulu is the capital and main port of Hawaii, USA. It became a modern city in the middle of the Pacific and is considered as one of the international business hubs. The city is rich in history, culture, pristine beaches, breathtaking waterfalls, and high-rise luxurious hotels, resorts, and spas.
Couples can just chill in their hotel room while enjoying the relaxing view of mountains and pristine beaches. Honolulu has many activities to offer for its visitors, like mountain trekking, diving, snorkeling, and other water sports activities. Visitors of the island can do museum and palace tours, and join festive celebrations prepared for tourists.
The weather is dry in October which is perfect for many outdoor activities available on the island. It is also one of the best honeymoon destinations in the USA in December, which is a great time to see blossoming poinsettias on the island. An average cost for a couple’s one-week stay in Honolulu would be around 2,750 USD.
These are some of the United States’ best honeymoon destinations in October, perfect places to enjoy autumn and make memories with your loved one. These destinations offer fun activities for couples who love to explore and experience outdoor activities while on a honeymoon. They also offer chill, quiet places with spectacular views for couples who just want to chill and enjoy each other’s company in the comfort of their hotel room.