Couples should always make time to “date.” The Daily hustle and bustle can drive a wedge between relationships as they focus on routine. And no matter how busy you get, it’s crucial to make time to go on an adventure. Travel reveals so much of one’s personality, which is the best time to understand your partner better. This article will divide US regions by similar culture, history, and climate and show some of the best getaways per region. This is how we will help you plan that much-needed romantic escape by offering you the best couples getaways in the US.
Preparing for a Couples Getaway
Planning is crucial to the success of any trip. To get the most of the experience, we prepared some useful tips to help you.
1. Plan an Adventure
Sometimes the terminology can be a lot of pressure. Instead of calling it a romantic getaway, consider calling it an adventure, so you ease into more options and possibilities. Remember that you travel to enjoy, unwind, and experience the beauty of the place you are visiting.
>> Always put on sunscreen when you explore the outdoors.
Since it’s a couple’s getaway, the main goal is that you both enjoy the trip. Even opposites find common ground when making decisions. It’s crucial to compromise when needed, so you both make the most out of the trip.
3. Include An Actual Date In Your Trip
The irony of romantic trips is how hectic itineraries tend to remove all the romance. Include wind-down sessions in your journey, and remember to slow down and create meaningful memories with your partner.
4. Don’t Be Afraid To Try New Things
One of the best things about going on a trip with your partner is that you can try new things together. Use this getaway to bond further and unravel a world of new things with your loved one. This might be a good time to discover something new and interesting with yourself or your partner.
5. Plan Enough For Comfort
While spontaneity can be exciting, planning takes a lot of unnecessary travel stress off your hands. Plan enough for comfort but don’t overdo it, so you don’t get stressed. Leave room for spur-of-the-moment decisions and activities. And great news, we’re here to give you exactly that.
Tips For Getting Best Value Flight Packages For Your Getaway
One of the most important questions to ask yourself is, “how do I get there?” And while most of us already set a budget for airfare, we’re still on the lookout for amazing deals. Here are some things you can do to get good deals on your flights:
- Book at least 21 days before departure to score good deals. This amount of time is called a sweet spot, but you can still make express deals with up to 50% savings in the case of last-minute bookings.
- Book on Sundays since flights appear cheaper and avoid days like Friday and Monday.
- Mix and match airlines and fares so you can compare and contrast the best prices. Most booking platforms show the best deals to account holders. Sign up on Priceline to receive the best deals and look for bundles to save more.
- Staying flexible will also give you better deals, so if you and your partner love a spontaneous getaway, you may get lucky with flights.
Best Getaways In The New England Region
The New England region is best known for its charming atmosphere all year round. A quick google search will show you why the quaint cities and distinct culture make it one of the best couples getaways in the US. But that’s not all there is to this region.
- It has beautiful fall foliage
- It has top-rated universities worth visiting
- There are many seasonal activities to enjoy
- It has many iconic foods
- It has many vacation spots and day trips
- The region is considered to be a bit high-end
- Spring seasons are unpredictable and may snow anytime
- Some of the roads lack urban planning
Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts
We’re sure this is not the first time you’ve come across Martha’s vineyard. This beautiful escape is home to A-list celebrities for a good reason. It’s known for its iconic lighthouses, quaint cottages, and serene beaches.
- A tour of iconic lighthouses
- Beach views
- Confectionery goodness
- The wine tasting experience at Plymouth Bay Winery
Visit the iconic lighthouses of Martha’s vineyard and enjoy the view of Edgartown by staying in one of their quaint resort homes. The rooms are priced between $200 to $500, which is an excellent deal considering the ambiance. The better way to “wine” down with your partner is to do a wine tasting tour at Plymouth Bay Winery. But that’s not the only thing to do. You can enjoy trips to the beach, historical tours and many more.
Woodstock, Vermont, is fondly called the “quintessential New England Village” for all its charm and style. Whether it’s dainty homes or beautiful parks, you’re sure to find something you and your partner will love.
- You can visit this place all year round.
- It is considered one of the most beautiful towns in America.
- Cheese sampling
- Art tours
- Historic downtown visits
- Brewery tours
Pick one of Woodstock’s comfortable hotels and enjoy river-side views at The Shire Woodstock or a simple experience at some dainty bed and breakfast choices. Take a brewery tour with your partner and enjoy a world-class beer in 4 Vermont breweries, a distillery, and a cidery. You can also take a street art tour and explore the beautiful neighborhood of Woodstock Exchange.
Best Getaways In The Mid-Atlantic Region
This region is noted for its role in developing American culture, trade, and commerce, with popular states like New York and Pennsylvania.
- Rich food scene
- This region is tied to its founding history
- It is the center of trade and commerce
- It has bustling and relaxed areas
- It can be crowded in some states
- States like New York can be costly
- Some areas may have a high volume of traffic
St. Michaels, Maryland
If you want a little bit of everything, Maryland is the state to be. One of the best couples getaways in the US offers different activities like theme parks, beaches, ski slopes, and state parks. But there’s a lot to love about St. Michaels, Maryland, with its Victorian homes and delicious seafood.
- The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
- Fresh seafood
- Redbrick sidewalks and Victorian homes
- 19th century feel of the seaport
This seaport getaway is what you and your partner need to relax, unwind. Check out the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum and the 1879 Hooper Strait Lighthouse to get the seaport feels of St. Michaels. You can also check some of the amazing hotel deals to reward your long walks with good rest.
The mid-Atlantic is not quite the same without New York. Dubbed as the “city that never sleeps,” this area of trade and commerce is a non-stop center of excitement perfect for couples that can’t stay put.
- Modern architectural structures
- The famous New York Stock Exchange
- Art districts and shopping centers
- 24/7 transportation
Although some accommodations may be costly, New York still offers fantastic hotel deals. And with 24/7 transportation, hotels outside Manhattan are always a breeze to access. Jumpstart your tour with skip-the-line access and avoid crowded and busy lines. Try to cover famous landmarks like Timesquare, Statue of Liberty, and the Empire State Building in a full-day tour.
Best Getaways In The Southern Region
Southerners are known for a well-developed tradition, culture, music, and art. So much so that their manners are notably distinct from the rest of America. It has diverse components of European, African, and Native American.
- Distinct culture and tradition
- A lot of access to nature
- Sweet Tea
- The weather is hotter compared to other regions
- Some areas are remote
- Some towns may be quieter than most
Greenville, South Carolina
Greenville is set against the famous Blue Ridge mountains and is home to a bustling arts scene. It is also a foodie’s haven with restaurants at every corner.
- Historic sites and museums
- Annual festivities
- Numerous restaurant choices
- Easy access via the international airport
- Floating suspension bridge
Kickstart your adventure with a visit to the floating suspension bridge and go around the city in a customized segway tour and preserve your energy for a Greenville Craft Cocktail Tour. Don’t forget to choose a comfortable place to rest in Greenville’s hotels and revitalize yourself for more fun days ahead.
Flat Rock, North Carolina
Immerse yourself in this friendly town and enjoy history and nature.
- North Carolina Mountains
- Hiking trails
- Art galleries
- National historic sites like the Carl Sandburg home
This town was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2015, highlighting the poet Carl Sandburg’s home, and is an excellent place for some fun history lessons with your partner. You can also challenge your adventurous side by taking the Pulliam Creek Trailhead. The Lodge at Flat Rock is just one of the relaxing accommodations you can find in Flat Rock that offer a cozy fireplace.
Best Getaways In The Midwest Region
The Midwest region is dubbed “America’s Heartland,” which means it takes on a major role in its farming and manufacturing sectors. It is home to the famous Mount Rushmore and other major landforms like valleys, lakes, and plateaus.
- This region is more affordable than other states
- There is less traffic
- They also experience seasonal weather
- They are known to have one of the best food and beer
- It may have harsh weather extremes
- Although there are beautiful state parks, natural wonders are not so accessible
- Some areas may be remote
This buzz-worthy city is a perfect urban getaway for many reasons. As one of the best couples getaways in the US, Chicago boasts a unique cultural experience with dozens of museums and theater companies worth visiting. Chicago is your getaway of choice if you and your partner love an urban immersion in art, history, and food.
- Chicago style hotdogs and deep-dish pizza
- Michelin starred restaurants
- Jazz music
- 1920 gangster vibes
- Grant Park and Buckingham fountain
- Movable bridges
Hit the major landmarks of Chicago in a leisurely Hop-On-Hop-Off Tour and visit the Millenium Park, Magnificent Mile, and Grand Park and book this special pass in advance to get discounts and skip-the-line benefits on all major attractions. Find the best deals on Chicago hotels and relish relaxation amidst a bustling metropolis.
Mackinac Island, Michigan
Escape the urban states and visit the island of Mackinac with its seaside leisure and visit its record-breaking Victorian-era Grand Hotel front porch. Take a 16minute ferry ride to this island from one of Michigan’s docks and immerse yourself in a relaxing seaside experience.
- The Victorian-era Grand Hotel
- Homemade fudge in different flavors
- Island state parks
- Spots from “Somewhere In Time” Movie
- Round Island Lighthouse
The Grand Hotel in Mackinac is popular for the role it’s played in the classic movie “Somewhere in Time” and boasts unique guest rooms with a spectacular view of the straits of Mackinac at $400 a night. Other accommodations are available as well. Take a cultural tour or bond with your partner on horseback while planning outdoor activities for your getaway.
Best Getaways In The South-West Region
The Southwest is best known for the Grand Canyon and the arid deserts and rugged mountains. It is home to a diverse group of people with a clear Native American influence.
- Most times of the year, the weather is relatively pleasant
- A balance of serenity and bustle
- This region has stunning landscapes and natural wonders
- Some areas can be flocked with tourists
- Wildlife like scorpions, snakes, and spiders are normal
- Summers can be unbearably hot
Sedona is an escape located in the middle of the Arizona desert. In this unique spot, you and your partner can enjoy relaxation in resorts and spas while enjoying the natural red rock formations of the area.
- Beautiful resorts set against red rock formations
- Religious architecture of the Chapel of the Holy Cross
- One of the best night skies in the country
You can call this a sweet escape indeed. Take a look at some excellent resort and hotel deals with lower rates on specific dates. Enjoy the outdoors on a guided ATV tour with your partner, or take a natural approach to scenic adventure on horseback. Take in all the splendor that is Sedona through wine tours or jeep adventures.
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Immerse yourself in ancient native culture and unspoiled beauty in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Popular for its cuisine, people who have visited this area once have become so attached to it that they decided to stay.
- Spanish colonial charm
- Rocky Mountain views
- Woven tapestries and modern art
- Colorful and historical culture
One look at the hotels in Santa Fe will give you an idea of the color and culture you should expect. You can kickstart the adventure with a private walking tour of Santa Fe and hit spots like the Santa Fe Plaza, the Palace of Governors, and the Georgia O’Keeffe Museum. Don’t miss out on a spa trip to the Ten Thousand Waves for some R and R, and prepare your bellies for restaurant hopping and wine tours.
Best Getaways In The Rocky Mountains
Also known as the Rockies, this region is known for its beautiful scenery. It includes 100 separate ranges and groupings like northeastern Idaho and Wyoming, Utah.
- The scenic views are majestic, and it’s a natural paradise
- A lot of privacy
- Unlimited outdoor activities
- Challenging accessibility
- Extreme weather conditions
- Telecommunication challenges
You may have heard of Aspen more than once in movies and television shows. This winter resort town is a well-known romantic destination for its cozy hotel rooms and horseback tours.
- Four big ski areas
- Skii activities
- Hiking spots like the Maroon Bell peaks
- Therapeutic spa at Glenwood springs
- Independence Pass drive – one of the highest points in North America
It’s only right to plan your adventure by choosing a cozy place to stay. Hotels like the Little Nell is a luxurious 5-star resort with high-end amenities and a scenic view. The Aspen Meadows resort is within the serene 40 acres of outdoor walking trails and promises serenity with affordable nightly rates. Kickstart your adventure with ski lessons and bond with your partner over the snowy mountain view. Or take the scenic route on the Maroon Lake Scenic Trail, or surprise your partner while you hike these romantic trails. You can also squeeze in a historical tour during your stay.
Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming
Besides the stunning views and the rich wildlife, Grand Teton National Park is a hidden gem perfect for couples seeking unique solace from the urban bustle.
- The towering mountain peaks
- Jackson Lake
- Hiking trails and campgrounds
- Moose District
Visit Grand Teton’s hotspots with a guide in this all-in-one tour package. Witness uninterrupted wildlife and feel one with nature as you bond with your partner over new things and experiences. Add a little romance by surprising your partner in this private sunrise tour.
Best Getaways In The Pacific Coastal Region
The Pacific Coastal region is all about sun and a laid-back lifestyle. It’s perfect for couples who want access to the big city without sacrificing some exciting activities like surfing and hiking.
- The sunny weather
- Friendly people
- Scenic views and beautiful beaches
- Mountains and ski resorts
- Some days the weather can be too hot
- High cost of living
- High taxes
Los Angeles, California
You may think it’s overrated, what with Hollywood and all that. But there’s something alluring to the city of angels that draws everyone to it.
- The Walk of Fame and the Sunset Boulevard
- The original Disney Land
- The oldest area in LA, El Pueblo de Los Angeles
Kick start your vacation by Squeezing in some surf lessons during your stay so that you can soak up some sun naturally. And if you and your partner are cinema buffs, check out exclusive private tours on studio history and check out some popular celebrity homes by bus. Book your hotel in some of these best value choices and relax after a long day of fun activities.
As one of two other states that are not within the continent, Alaska is an ideal and unique getaway for couples. Contrary to what is often believed, it can be quite warm in Alaska, making it suitable for hiking and sightseeing.
- Wildlife conservations
- Taking the Alaska railroad
- A look at the glaciers
Treat your partner to a luxurious helicopter ride and witness the glaciers from above. Take a photo against an all-white background and make lasting memories. Witness wildlife at its best while enjoying live commentaries on Alaska’s unique landscapes. Don’t miss out on booking the best hotel deals on this beautiful trip to make that relaxation worthwhile!
To Wrap It Up
A couple’s getaway doesn’t have to be about candle-lit dinners and late-night strolls. Romance is all about adventure, and what better way to do that than by experiencing the best couples getaways in the US? With vast landscapes, scenic routes, exciting urban life, and unique experiences, you’re sure to make the best memories.
We know you’re excited about your romantic getaway! Browse through some popular USA tour packages for you right here!