To typical newlyweds, their honeymoon is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Yes, you’ll end up having bigger and crazier vacations in the future, most likely with your new family, but the very first post-wedding trip is unforgettable. It gives you more time to appreciate each other now that you’ve taken care of all the preparation and tension. There are a lot of beautiful honeymoon destinations that you can choose from for an intimate trip.
Top honeymoon destinations in the world
There are lovely places far enough to enjoy your subjective perception of romance, whether you prefer to stay on a beach with a coconut, adventurous food trips, or city folk. Here is a compiled list of some of the beautiful honeymoon destinations.
- Amalfi Coast – There are several factors why the Amalfi Coast remains at the top of newlyweds’ wish lists. Positano’s winding village streets, Moorish structures, azure water, and vibrant lounge chairs and umbrellas filling the dark sandy beaches makes it hard to imagine a more quintessentially romantic setting.
- Austin, Texas – Spend time together in the most extraordinary city in the Lone Star State, which, while not famous for romance, has its attractions, such as Mount Bonnell and Lake Travis at sunset. Alternatively, lodge at the chic bungalow-style Hotel San Jose or the luxurious spa resort Travaasa Austin for an idyllic break outside of the city.
- Antigua and Barbuda – Antigua and Barbuda with pastel exteriors, busy stalls, tropical fruits, limestone structures, and, of course, a massive number of stunning beaches. Travel packages on inclusive beaches are also available.
- Baja California, Mexico – There is no honeymoon destination more accessible for West Coasters than Baja California, the island that represents Mexico’s finest. Only in San Jose del Cabo, you’ll able to find all the trappings of a traditional Mexican village, as well as hundreds of stunning beaches for both above and below water activities and lovely resorts like the elegantly chic Las Ventanas al Paraiso and the gleaming new Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal or Viceroy Los Cabos.
- Bali, Indonesia – Spending your honeymoon in Bali is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. With a more tropical feel than the nearby islands closer to the United States, Bali offers unpolluted beaches, snorkeling, surfing, massages, art, culture, music, rice terraces, and temples. Please book your flight and accommodation and avail of a discount with their bundle packages.
- Bhutan – If you and your partner prefer to travel off the tourist trail, this South Asian jewel is the place to be. A mystical country situated between India and China, Bhutan has its own identity and atmospheric conditions making it one of the most beautiful honeymoon destinations.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina – Make preparations to do the ultra-sultry tango if you travel to Argentina for your honeymoon. The capital city’s nightlife is well-known, and visitors come from all over the world to party. Enjoy local food cuisine or your temporary home in sensual, well-designed lodges such as Faena Hotel Buenos Aires and the deluxe Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires.
>> Make the most out of your honeymoon by getting the best robes.
Tips for planning your honeymoon
After browsing beautiful honeymoon destinations, couples can begin planning for their trip and these are just a few tips to follow:
- Start planning early – If you’re planning a honeymoon, you should seriously start it now. You need to book your flights five to eight months before your honeymoon date is preferable, notably if you’re considering European honeymoon vacations during the summer travel period.
- Plan your trip together – Although splitting and taking is a good strategy for wedding planning, it is not always the best honeymoon planning solution. If you delegate almost all your honeymoon preparations to one party, you will end up with a more suitable vacation to their preferences.
- Design your honeymoon trip – It’s easier to copy another pair’s honeymoon travel plans because wedding planning can be time-consuming. However, while your peers may have enjoyed the stress-free, all-inclusive spa, you may feel that it dampens your spirit of adventure.
- Set a budget for your honeymoon – Your wedding’s overhead expenses can add up, and it’s enticing to dip into the honeymoon fund to cover any unexpected fees. Although the memories of your wedding day will stay with you forever, there’s something to be said about the unique memories you will make on your honeymoon as well.
Add a little bit of spice and romance to your honeymoon trip
Following an action-packed wedding, the honeymoon is a chance for newlyweds to unwind and spend quality time with each other. Although heading to an exotic location is romantic in itself, organizing a genuinely romantic trip necessitates a little more effort. Check out these simple tips for planning a romantic honeymoon from start to finish.
- Go on an intimate picnic – Plan a picnic for only the two of you at a scenic spot, such as a private beach, meadow, or vineyard. Make sure to pack some foods that you and your partner enjoy. Bring something to drink and toast to your life together as a newlywed.
- Candlelit dinner – Book in advance a reservation for a private dinner in a stunning location. Private dining underneath the stars, in exclusive cabanas, or on the beach are available at several fancy restaurants.
- Spend a day doing nothing – Spend a day together in the comfort of your hotel suite or apartment that you are sleeping in. Breakfast should be ordered from room service, and then you should watch a movie that you both have wanted to see for a while.
- Have a couple’s massage – Loosen up next to each other inside your exclusive beach cabana or spa suite when receiving a revitalizing massage treatment. This way is also perfect for those who have never had a massage before to feel relaxed having one.
- Witness the sunrise together – Wake up early and witness the sunrise from a unique spot for a truly unforgettable and intimate moment. Moments like these are the ones that you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
- Give each other little gifts – Every day, giving a small present will serve as a daily reminder of your affection to your partner. Try composing a personal letter or love card for your partner and delivering it to them at a convenient time throughout the day.
Aside from the actual wedding day, the honeymoon is one of the significant events in a couple’s married life. It is when they start making memories as they take a step together into the world of married. Beautiful honeymoon destinations are just as important as beautiful wedding spots.