Are you considering taking your beloved other on a romantic trip? Perhaps spending some time in each other’s company while relaxing on a beach with a nice glass of wine, or maybe you want to go somewhere exciting that will make you feel much better around each other. There is undoubtedly a place for you! Check out some of the anniversary destinations in the USA.
Romantic vacation spots all over the world
Whatever your traveling style is, below are some anniversary destinations in the USA that are perfect for you and your significant other.
- Kauai – Couples can spice up their romance on Kauai in several different ways, including booking and enjoying this convenient place. You and your partner can relax on private beaches, unwind in a luxurious private villa or go for a hike along the Napali Coast. Consider booking a vacation here if you want to walk the paths of the Hawaiian Islands together.
- Napa Valley – This wine lover’s heaven in Northern California is the perfect romantic place to escape with winding vineyards, cozy wine ravines, trendy restaurants and world-class hotels. You can sample award-winning wines at comfortable venues such as O’Brien Estate or while fine dining on the Napa Valley Wine Train. Make sure to book an accommodation ahead of time to avoid inconveniences.
- Lanai – Nothing can be more romantic than spending time with your significant other on a cozy and secluded island. The intimacy of Lanai will leave you feeling like the Hawaiian Islands’ wind is cradling you. Discover the tiny island’s scenery next to each other, stay in a luxurious hotel or resort to engage in high-class cuisine, and absorb some sun by the pool.
- Palm Springs, California – With its hiking activities, gondola trips, golf, and warm desert air, Palm Springs is a great place to visit if you want to feel like you are getting away without having to travel too far. Using the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, the most prominent global revolving tram car, you can travel 2.7 miles up on top of Chino Canyon, where you can walk around and enjoy. For more sightseeing tours, you can visit Tours4fun.
- Whidbey Island – With just a short flight from Seattle, an island in the Pacific Northwest named Whidbey provides breathtaking scenery for the small effort needed to get there. From its sauna facilities and unique sights of the Saratoga Passage waterway, The Inn at Langley is one of the chic hotels with modern facilities in Whidbey. You can go shopping in town or go hiking along the coastal canyons, where you might catch a glimpse of humpback whales if the season is ideal.
- Idyllwild, California – This charming mountain town is ideal for a romantic getaway or a first trip as a couple. Spend most of your time wandering the shops in town, loading up on homegrown jams or handmade leather hats, after staying in a cozy wooded cottage. Hike the Ernie Maxwell trails for stunning views, and if you are in town on the weekend, stop by the town square to visit the mayor named Max, a golden retriever.
- Montana – In Montana, you can visit the vast green plains and marvel at the incredible night skies. Stay at a vacation ranch like the Flathead Lake Lodge, a family-owned and run guest ranch, on which you can enjoy recreational activities while on vacation. Snow Bear Chalets, ski-in/ski-out treehouses situated slope side of Whitefish Mountain Resort, is another excellent choice for accommodation.
- Sedona – Once you are hanging above red rocks and gazing out over acres of vibrant scenery of Sedona, it’s easy to declare your love. Continue that romantic feeling indoors with a lover’s massage at one of Sedona’s world-famous spas after getting sweaty from hiking the sandstone buttes.
- Lake Tahoe – The Midtown District and the Riverwalk are both worth visiting. Book a stay either at the lakeside Sunnyside Restaurant and Lodge or the Ritz-Carlton Lake Tahoe. Their premium services include organizing a whole day of adventures such as mountain golfing or sailing on Lake Tahoe, depending on your choice.
- Dana Point – This less popular beach town is ideal for lovers looking to get away from California’s more populated beaches. Visit Salt Creek Beach or Doheny State Beach for some sightseeing or fishing or take a stroll along Bluff Top’s trail. If you want great places to go for seafood with incredible scenery, Chart House or Wind & Sea are great choices.
- Sonoma Valley – When commemorating an anniversary or honeymoon, there’s nothing more intimate than sharing a glass of wine in this beautiful part of California. In Sonoma Valley, there are over 100 wineries to see. And add in the Dry Creek Valley, where you can visit Bella Vineyards and Wine Caves or Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery, and you’re in for one of the best romantic events of your life.
For a hassle-free travel experience to the perfect anniversary destinations in the USA with your loved ones, booking your hotels and accommodations earlier is a wise decision.
>> Keep your things organized and secured. Find the best deals on travel luggage here.
Tips for couples when traveling
As a couple, you can follow some of the tips below to get that wholesome and stress-free experience while traveling the best anniversary destinations in the USA.
- Manage your expectations – You cannot expect a perfect vacation while traveling alone, even more, while traveling as a couple. Remember, unexpected issues are a part of life, and they are not limited to travelers. Thus, as loving partners, you must establish some reasonable expectations before the vacation.
- Be open to disagreements – Strangers clash. Friends also quarrel. So expect that both of you will have disagreements. The main lesson here is that anything from minor disputes to full-fledged arguments is a natural part of any personal connection. Vacations bring great relief to a couple’s stress so take this opportunity to settle disputes and arguments that happened at home.
- Enjoy moments with yourself – Even if you are on vacation with your partner, you can and must take time away from your partner to explore your place on your own. After all, several stable partnerships find a balance between couple time and alone time, so do not hesitate to do the same on your vacation.
Anniversaries are one of the most important milestones in a couple’s relationship. For some, how they celebrate it every year is quite a big deal. Some couples grandly prepare for it. They like to take a vacation to great anniversary destinations in the USA. In comparison, others are content with having an intimate dinner in their home.
But it doesn’t matter how or where you celebrate your anniversary together with your partner. What matters is you remember the meaning and how special that occasion is for both of you. Learn more about anniversary destinations here!