Eagle Creek ES3 Tarmac 28
Eagle Creek’s ES3 series is their most successful luggage introduction in years. The Tarmac line combines form with function to create the perfect fit for travelers looking to pack light. In fact, the Tarmac 28 is as durable as any luggage out there on the market, but 15% lighter than traditional lines. Throw in the fact the Tarmac ES3 28 has a blanket 100% “No Matter What” guarantee against any damage, even airline damage, and you have a pretty good deal.
The newly designed Exploration System collection possesses cleaner lines for more traditional travelers. The company has removed or replaced any component that might otherwise weigh down their Tarmac uprights. Now the Tarmac 28 addresses the needs of professionals and leisure travelers with less of the extraneous pocketing that Eagle Creek, PackingLight.com and most importantly, our customers don’t want.
As the line has transformed from a bag that someone might take to the Amazon, to a bag they take to 90% of the rest of the world, the Tarmac’s durability and prowess for light luggage has remained. Eagle Creek has made a major redesign to create more packing space within all the Tarmac uprights. You see, the original Tarmac uprights once possessed four large-size pockets inside and outside so they took up to 30% of the packing capacity. Now, Eagle Creek has made the series more traditional and left a large cavern in which travelers can pack in. No more gussetted pockets that inhibit travelers from packing into one large space. And hey, we’re all for it at PackingLight.com. We say the simpler the better!
Other state-of-the-art features of the Eagle Creek Tarmac 28 includes a Touch Point Radius Handle System which is lighter in your hand with more weight on the wheels. Their four-point protection on critical wear points include ultra-rugged ORV (Off Road Vacation) wheels provide smooth and reliable transit over all types of terrain. Unique sole patch corner guards protect the place where most impact occurs with TPU (thermo plastic urethane). Large, high-quality zipper coils are well protected off the corners. A back skid plate and tough wheel housing are also protected against destructive blows. And finally, a blend of high-tech abrasion and tear resistant materials is exclusively designed by Eagle Creek to meet specific demands of the world traveler. Because different parts of a bag wear differently, Eagle Creek mixes and matches varying weights of fabric to dial up the toughness while dialing down the carrying weight.
To summarize how confident Eagle Creek is in the quality and ruggedness of any ES3 bag they have laid down the following incredible “No Matter What” warranty: “If you luggage is ever damaged (even by the airlines), they will fix it free of charge--no matter what”.
- Ultra light weight construction and sleek design for the cross-over business/adventure traveler.
- Two interior zippered mesh pockets and large interior door panel pocket.
- Interior compression wings.
- Exterior quick stash pocket and large zippered pocket.
- Expandable main compartment adds 15% more packing space.
- ES Wheel and Handle System made to withstand the most rigorous of journeys while providing a comfortable carry.
- Beefy, lockable self-repairing coil zippers and finger friendly zipper pulls.
- Slip-away luggage tag and color contrast helps identify your bag.
- Detachable piggyback clip offers add-a-bag versatility.
- Multiple grab handes.
- Organize this bag with the Eagle Creek Pack-It System.
- No Matter What Warranty is the best in the business.
- Made from e Series 100% recycled fabrics.
- 4-Point Protection for critical wear points.
- Sole Patch corner guards.
- Skid Plate protects bag from urban obstacles.
- Wheel housing protects against destructive blows.
- Strategic material blocking and front bumper protection for superb durability.
Capacity: 6500 cubic inches Expands to 7350 cubic inches
Dimensions: 18"x 28"x 14", Expands to 16 inches in depth
Fabric: 420 Denier Helix 420 Denier Dual Ripstop, 840 Denier Ballistic, 1260 Denier Helix Ballistic
Model Number: 20288
Warranty: Manufacturer's Lifetime "No Matter What" Warranty covers all damage by airlines or anyone.
Weight: 10 lbs., 4 oz.
For over 30 years Eagle Creek has taken all that Mother Earth can give and given it right back. Durable luggage. Comfortable backpacks. Organized packing aids. And products that you need before you even know you need them. Every single, solitary one has a lifetime guarantee. A lifetime, we assume, that's spent in the hands of a curious and adventurous soul.
Write a Review - Receive a discount